Sunday, November 23, 2008

Why I Write

I write because as I grow older it provides me with a personal catharsis and renewal. These past years writing has helped me heal. I would put every thought onto the page and I’d felt relieved.

For a brief time, I stopped writing because what I was writing was raw. I don’t know how to describe it but it was powerful at times. The words would flow onto the page and I felt all the emotions on the page. I don’t know how else to describe it, but it was intensely, completely raw.

So I stopped writing…but you can never be away from something you love intensely. And, I love to write.

Now, the blank page is my friend. It invites me to come over and spend some time to share my thoughts. Thus, I write because it is like breathing for me. It keeps me alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment